Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SOAPUI - is it possible to use DataSource Loop that having different test result

Hi All,

Kindly advice... now i created 1 test case with some Assertions created, 1 data source (with 14 test data)
    when i try to execute the data source loop. It will pass for first test step, but when it loop to second step, it will failed and stop due to the assertions is different.

example:
    Step 1 -> expected result = assertions contain 1
    step 2 -> expected result = assertions contain 2...
    but so far my test case only having assertions contain 1. Hence, it will failed and stop at step 2 due to assertions does not contain 2.

So, wondering is it possible to create different set of assertions for step 2, and another set of assertions for step 3 and so on and so on?

Kindly advice and thanks in advance.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Do not hard-code your assertion. Use the value of the data source. I haven't used SoapUI in a while, but I believe that your DataSource can have multiple values returned to the test. So, you can have a value for iteration number and value for your test input. After that, in your assertion, assert your iteration number.