Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How do I Distribute in SoapUI Pro a data source across multiple user IDs.

I would like to use the "Shared data source among users". So each user would end up executing the same number of rows.
    To do this I have a datasource containing 100 user IDs. I set my Thread count in the load test to 100.
    My data source that has the test data has 100,000 records. So each user should execute 1,000 iterations.
    But when I run it, usually each of the 99 users end up doing 1 record and the other 1 user executes 99,901 records.

Or maybe there is a way for Allocating (range of) data rows to each user ID so the same data is never used more than once. Example User 1 iterates a test for rows 1-10, while concurrently user 2 iterates the same test for rows 11-20.

Here is my Test scenario:
    User logs in, User does a search with their 1st assigned data row. User remains logged in and searches with next assigned data row, user repeats only the search step (no login/logouts) for the remaining assigned data rows. User is to out ONLY when all assigned data rows are completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Peter I might be missing something here but wouldn't setting the 'user selects next unused row in the datasource' (that's not verbatim but its something similar to that). I appreciate not all iterations may take the exact same amount of time but all users should execute a similar amount of test cases.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by mwsrosso View Post
    Peter I might be missing something here but wouldn't setting the 'user selects next unused row in the datasource' (that's not verbatim but its something similar to that). I appreciate not all iterations may take the exact same amount of time but all users should execute a similar amount of test cases.

Mark Smith.
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your reply (and sorry for my late reply).

Under the "DataSource Options" in SoapUI Pro, I do not see any option as you mentioned for selecting next unused row. For some reason that sounds familiar to a different load testing tool.
    You can see the options in the screen shots found here: DataSources | Data-Driven Tests

http://smartbearsoftware.com/soapui/...ce/options.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I might be thinking of when I used SoapUI Pro in 2011, I have noticed since I started using it again after a 3 year break (well the Ready API nested SoapUI NG version) there are a few bits I found helpful that have now either disappeared or I have not yet found how to utilise them in the new UI.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by mwsrosso View Post
    I might be thinking of when I used SoapUI Pro in 2011, I have noticed since I started using it again after a 3 year break (well the Ready API nested SoapUI NG version) there are a few bits I found helpful that have now either disappeared or I have not yet found how to utilise them in the new UI.

Mark Smith.
    Thanks Mark.
    We tried using the NG and Ready! API ( it so confusing now) versions too. But with those 2 tools the $500 per seat license only works for up to 10 concurrent users, versus unlimited for the SoapUI Pro (non NG) version. We have LoadUI Pro too that we purchased for $10K that allows us to distribute the SoapUI Pro test on multiple PCs using Load Agents but that tool has other major issues and is being phased out by Smart Bear (only months after we purchased it).

But we can use the $10K LoadUI Pro license on the NG and Ready! API versions to get > 10 concurrent user. But we would have to get a $10K license PER NG/Ready! API machine where as with LoadUIPro we just need one and distribute the load on multiple PCs. Because the NG/Ready! API versions do not allow distribution of the load across PCs and a single PC can't handle the load we need for testing.

So upset with their load testing tools...