Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

recommend a tool for precise mouse movement record

Could you reccomend to me an automation tool (preferable free but this is not mandatory)
    That can accurately and precisely record the mouse movement over (with exact replaying its track and time)the Web page.
    I need this in order to make test on the Flash played in the Web page and I need that a tool can make an exact record of the mouse movements (relavant to the Web page)
    and track exactly mouse movement timing (replay it with the same speed, pause for the same time etc.)
    - I tried QTP for this task but it seem to support this kind of recording only in analog mode, but it does not suit me,
    since it does not care for the timing issue of mouse movement and also it creates the record in some kind of a file that I cannot see or edit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: recommend a tool for precise mouse movement record

WinTask - which is also not free - has Low Level Recording for this sort of need.

It's much like Analog Recording in QTP, but you can see and edit the script produced.

I can't tell if WinTask would suit you any better than QTP, but you can easily download a free trial and check for yourself.

Good luck.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You might also have a look at Eggplant, which is more oriented to graphics processing than many other automation tools. I have been demoed it but haven't used it myself, so its applicability in this situation is something of a guess.

FWIW, TestComplete also offers scripted low level recording, but I think WinTask is considerably cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    You might also have a look at Eggplant, which is more oriented to graphics processing than many other automation tools. I have been demoed it but haven't used it myself, so its applicability in this situation is something of a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eggplant (just as similar tools) has a low level recording feature. It's probably excessive to purchase it or similar tools only to get the specific feature of precise mouse movement recording.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks a lot for your recomendations:
    However, can anyone recommend some free/opensource tools for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

AutoIt is free.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!