Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing tools for Visiprise?

Has anyone here ever tested Visiprise before and if so, what testing tool did you use?

Visiprise is a client server based manufacturing execution application. Here is a link to their website to give you an idea of the application.

http://www.visiprise.com/solutions-manufacturing.htm

My background is testing web based applications using Mercury's QuicktestPro. I'm familiar with the versions of that software before they got bought out by HP. I've never used any testing tools designed for client server based applications.

I was just hired to lead the QA process for a company that is implementing Visiprise for the first time. To my surprise they do not possess any testing tools. I now have to convince them to purchase one. Assuming they budgeted for testing tools, I will need to contact sales vendors from HP, IBM, Borland etc to get prices for their products.

If someone here has tested Visiprise before, did the testing tool you used work flawlessy with the product? The reason I ask is that my former organization used javascript extensively in their web apps. Quicktest Pro did not officially support Javascript so I always encountered problems recording scripts that contained javascript controls. I would like to avoid a situation like that with Visiprise.

Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Testing tools for Visiprise?

You might want to take a look at our product, Eggplant. It takes a pure user-interface approach to automation (interacting with a system-under-test exactly the way a user does), which allows it to automate pretty much any application on any platform. Using Eggplant you should be able to automate your tests of Visiprise by writing scripts that emulate user interactions with the system.

You can learn more through the link in my signature below, or take a look at the Eggplant forum here on sqaforums.
    Doug Simons, Principal Developer
    TestPlant, makers of eggPlant, the Cross-Platform GUI Testing Tool
    http://www.testplant.com