Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TAPI and CTI test/automation tools?

Anyone know if there are any (TAPI/CTI) tools that help with testing or automating phone interaction for telecom PBX testing?

I'm primarily referring to software-based tools over anything that requires special test equipment (hardware).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TAPI and CTI test/automation tools?

Check out the Empirix line of test tools.
    They may have something that meets your needs.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TAPI and CTI test/automation tools?

Hardware test equipment is a very specialized field. You either need to go to specific vendors to help you attain test tools, or create your own. Try calling digi and ask one of the higher level sales reps if they know someone they can recommend. Digi makes serial terminal boxes and if you find the right person, they will probably know who else is in that space as they will most likely work with test vendors to make sure their hardware works with them.

I haven't done CTI testing, but I worked a little on TAPI. I tested it manually 10 years ago, but if I were to do it again, I will probably do a loopback testing where using a digi-board, connect two modems and emulate a server so that I can test all the negative scenarios. If all you are doing is client end, then once you write the server emulator piece, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with basic test cases to emulate a lot of scenarios.

Good Luck!

-I