Tool for functional testing for SSL under Linux
I'd expect this sort of question to be one of the most frequently asked ones, but after reading the FAQ and searching the forums I couldn't find anything that matches the following requirement:
- Open source is the best, but cheap solutions may be considered (though this decision is not up to me)
- Supports passing SSL certificates
- Runs under Linux from command line (GUI could be very nice for recoding the tests, but is unacceptable for running the tests)
- Support for some scripting language (anything goes, but Perl is my favorite as I'm good at it and this will flatten the learning curve somewhat saving some time)
- Will be used for functional testing (not stress/load) - but need a way to determine success/failure of numerous tests, also shouldn't get stuck upon the first failure
- Needed for testing a management interface from a Debian endpoint
I tried the Selenium-RC, and while very nice it failed on passing the SSL certificates to the remote application.
I'd like to hear any suggestions you might have - preferably from someone who encountered similar challenge.