| || |
new to automation, need guidance.
i m new to automation, and learning qtp these days, I want to know fw things:
1) how much of your application is tested manually and how much is it automated?
2) when is the right time to start automation?
3) apart for regression testing and where we enter data multiple times say in same GUI, what all could be the other examples for automation?
Re: new to automation, need guidance.
This post is a good starting point
Look here for some articles to help you get started
1) This is a question only you can decide on, a good starting point is to automate the areas that are used the most and will therefore have the most impact. It is then up to you to decide if automating the other areas is worth the time. (estimate how long it takes to manually test the area and how often the area is tested against how long it will take to automate)
2) As early as possible, the article mentioned above will help on this
3) Lots of things really, unit testing can(probably should) be automated, performance testing, concurrency testing etc