Anyone knows PERL.. Help me..

One of my friends is facing this problem..

He needs to develop a Data forward application for Windows that reads on UART and writes on virtual COM port and vice versa. For this he has downloaded the serial and Comm port modules form the CPAN site but he is not able to configure the muddles for the Windows machine. The Win32API::commPort he has downloaded is getting corrupted.

<font color="black"> </font> <font color="purple"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

Re: Anyone knows PERL.. Help me..

Configuring muddles eh? If he's not careful he might end up in a right module!

Perhaps he should be asking his question on a Perl newsgroup, rather than asking you to post on a software testing forum.
    Marcus Tettmar
    Macro Scheduler & WebRecorder for Windows and Web Automation

You could probably do a google search to see if anyone else has had the same issue, or check some place like Perl Monks.
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

From the CPAN page...

The current version of the module has been designed for testing using the ActiveState and Core (GS 5.004_02) ports of Perl for Win32...

This version of Perl is almost eight years old, which means it was likely written on Win98 or NT. I'd be surprised if anything worked. I think your friend should seek another solution.
    1. 9.5
    2. Web/HTTP (HTML mode)
    3. No
    5. None
    6. New
    7. Web 5800
    Network 1000
    DCOM 1000
    Oracle 1000
    Remote Access 1000
    8. Yes
    9. Windows Server 2003 SP1