Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Automation Framework For web based application

I worked on window based application & used Data Driven approach in QTP & framework was totally depending on programming, no record & play back. Now I want to automate any web based application. Shall I use same framework for web based application or we have different framework for web based application?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Automation Framework For web based application

You need to spend hours designing a new framework....
    You can buy my Art from: "Post Cards now available"
    Ian Fraser Landscape Photography
    World Wide Shipping.

http://mowogman.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Automation Framework For web based application

Automating a web based application depends on the web application that you are trying to automate. I would suggest that you look if you can modularize the application depending on the functionality and put them as actions in QTP. Better go for both data-driven and keyword approach in your framework.
    For web based testing you can also do some recording for these actions. Tell me if you need some more inputs.

Ram