Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Suggest Automation Tools for web Cheap/Free

Hi:

I am looking for an apropriate testing tool for web application as well. And the functionalities i will be testing are:
    1. links on page point to the right things?
    2. changing or setting fields such as passwords, usernames, titles, etc on a web page, then the changes got written onto a config file?
    3. data base requests (postgres)
    most of these are done using php calls.

what i'm looking for is a simple straight forward testing tool, hopefully not too expensive (free would be greeaat!!!). that just check each link on the page, and make sure all the functions that got called on the page are returning the correct output. I am not testing a commercial web page. this is a simple web application for my company's product, which does things like: change the product's settings, and take the data recorded from the product and display them neatly on a page that can be accessed using a web browser.

I have heard of TestComplet and actually tried it myself, but i think it's a bit over kill for what i need. so i was wondering are there any other testing tools that will fit my needs?

Thank you so much,
    -Yue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Suggest Automation Tools for web Cheap/Free

I don't have the URL with me right now but do a Google search on Watir. It's not record/playback but it sounds like for your purposes you wouldn't need to learn a lot of programming patterns. It has a built-in testing framework.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Suggest Automation Tools for web Cheap/Free

Most of the leading automation tools will do your required things.
    For freeware, you can try Watir. It has written by using RUBY.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!