Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Automated Testing, not too expensive+good support?

Hi,

Sorry if this type of question has been asked many times before!

I'm currently looking at testing tools for my company. I started off by looking at the compuwares, Mercurys etc. Unfortunatly, these are a little above what we want to pay.

Can anyone recommend a decent automated testing tool, that isn't too expensive (ie. not 5000 per license) and will offer good support in the uk?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Automated Testing, not too expensive+good support?

Try TestComplete (http://www.automatedqa.com/), or maybe Hightest (http://www.vtsoft.com/). I have used TestComplete for the last year or two, and find it very good. Any of the tech support I have needed, I have got through the TestComplete forum on this site, which has generally been good and fast. (Detailed response typically next day, probably due to US to GMT time difference).

You should also do a search on the site for 'cost of automation', as the view held by most of the experts here is that the license cost is one of the smaller costs in the overall automation effort. As such, a tool that works well for you may work our cheaper in the long term than one with a low license cost. The principal advantage I see with going with the more expensive market leaders is that you have a much higher probability of hiring in skills and expertise.