Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SQL date comparison

hi all,

i want 2 campare two dates in sql. i.e comparing sysdate with the date driven from database. actually i am having date field in my database and i want 2 get the datas in which date should be 14 days less than sysdate.

reply me
    regards
    raichur

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SQL date comparison

Compare how? (Pure) SQL isn't a programming language - it's a query language. It (depending on whose implementation you are using) has some ability to make comparisons (such as in a WHILE clause).

But the exact method of implementing "WHILE such-and-such-a-date-column IS LESS THAN sysdate-14" (if that's what you want) depends on a lot of things you haven't told us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I thought this was going to be something along the lines of:

"I have a bunch of girls that I have dated, and I want to store the results of the dates in SQL.

Does anyone know what would be a good Primary Key for them? Some of the girls have been on more than one date with me, so I think I need some kind of relationship, but I don't want to get into a commitment. Also, I have never had a chance at a one to many relationship before, can any of you guys reccommend it?"

Now that would be an SQL Date Comparison I would like to see the results of. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Aaron Fager
    Software Test Engineer

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is this what we call Black Book SQL?
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison