Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Need tool recommendation

We're in the process of purchasing some SQA tools, such as test case management for manual tests, and defect tracking. I've evaluated 12 tools so far; some are very expensive (40K) with very nice features, and some are free, but lack a lot of functionality. Does anyone know of a tool that's robust but moderately priced? I'd really appreciate any feedback or direction. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Need tool recommendation

Please define robust in terms of functionality. What specifically are you looking for and what technologies must the tools interact with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your response. Well, what I mean by robust is something reliable where you can have more than 1 user accessing the system simultaneously, reporting capability, customizable interface, and history/execution tracking. I need the client interface to be either web-based, or at least compatible with Windows and Mac. Iíve used freebies in the past, and it was just very hard to maintain, and obviously, no tech support. Does this answer your question? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Beginning with MAC and Windows. I'm not sure there are tools that are simultaneously compatible with both.

Many tools have the general capabilities you speak of. You might want to look here:
    http://www.qalinks.com/

Perhaps it is best to contact the various vendors with questions and/or a proof-of-concept. It is likely that most tools with "robustness" will have a pricetag that is commensurate with the robustness.