| || |
Developing an Automation Tool
I am supposed to write an automation tool for a Windows based Desktop application
Can you suggest what could be a good starting approach both from the point of view of a programmer and a QA person?
Any article on this topic would be really useful
Many Thanks in advance
Re: Developing an Automation Tool
Are you and this poster classmates?
(if not for sale/commercial distribution - ignore the marketing related stuff)
First and most importantly - determine:
1) what the tool is supposed to do.
2) what is it's scope and which O/S versions will it run on
3) what is the market for it
4) what problems will you solve with it
5) what will set it apart from all other tools
6) what resources do you need to:
6.0) do market research
6.1) specify it
6.2) plan it
6.3) develop/test it
6.4) control changes
6.5) package/market/distribute it
6.6) develop user documentation
7) long term plan to add features to newer versions and correct issues of previous versions
8) will you be using 3rd party components and/or freeware? What are the costs/implications?
... and so on...
[ 08-18-2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]