Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A tool for Oracle forms

Hi , can anybody recommend an automated testing tool which supports Oracle forms please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: A tool for Oracle forms

I believe, and you can check this with Compuware, that QARun and/or TestPartner (both from Compuware) support Oracle Forms (depending on the version of Forms you are using)

Give your local Compuware office a call or look on their website and they will be able to tell you.

I would also look at the other usual suspects (Mercury, Rational etc) and get them all to come onsite for free and perform a proof of concept against your application. It is the only way you can be sure of which tool works best for you (what's right for one Oracle Forms app might not be right for another)

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Maria,

I tested Compuwares Testpartner, QARun and Mercurys QuickTest Professional on our Oracle forms application. Testpartner didn't work because it did not recognize some objects. I would recommand QARun or QuickTest Professional. You can download a free evaluation of QTP on the website of mercury interactive, but on the website they only offer QTP 6.5 with Oracle support. You should contact a sales person to get a 14 day trial version of QTP 8.0 with the Oracle Add-In. Thats what I did and it works fine. For a trial version of QARun you will have to spent some money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WinRunner 7.6 supports Oracle Forms. We had QARun anyway so tried to use that but we found it was not very reliable, so we changed to WinRunner and have used WinRunner for the last three years and it has worked very well. Having said that it dpends on the version of Oracle Forms so get a couple of evaluation copies and get evaluating :-)
    Richard Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Many thanks. A Compuware guy is coming over to give us a TP demo/proof of concept, but I am not very enthusiastic about TP now ...
    We are looking into Mercurys WinRunner as well .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Maria

as I said I would recommend Mercurys QuickTest Professional, should be no problem to get a evaluation version, too.
    I don't know Winrunner maybe it works fine as well. Please let me know which experiences you make with Testpartner and Winrunner. Would be very kind of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello StudentFH,
    Is your oracle application on a three tier architecture. If so which version of oracle forms are you using and which version of Jinitiator are you using?
    Currently, our application is on two tier architecture with forms 6i. We have no problems with Winrunner. However, for our next release we are going with l0g technology with Jinitiator version 1.3.1.19. Mercury has come back and told us that they winrunner and QTP won't support this new technology. They don't seem to have plans to support it in the future either. So I am trying to find a work around for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi KCD,

our application is on a three tier architecture with Oracle forms 6i. We are using Jinitiator 1.1.8.14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi

We are having Oracle Forms 9i application, whenever we starts the service, the applet window opens and the application will be loaded. While recording, WR doesn't recognize labels and other objects in the Forms. How to overcome that, is there any special plugins or addins available to check the forms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You should try to install the Oracle Add In for Winrunner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast