Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

CPU PERFORMNACE TESTING

Hi All,

I wanna know how can we test CPU performance of a Platforms from Load Runner tool.

(suppose we opens multiple task at the same time .. then can we measure the System CPU load or Not??)..

Nick Hill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: CPU PERFORMNACE TESTING

Could you give some details ?
    Are you looking at the CPU performances of the platform running LoadRunner, or
    are you looking at the CPU performances of the server that is the target of the LR ?

I'm not sure you can test CPU performances, but you can monitor it. Each Operating System provides its own CPU monitoring system.

CPU performances are only one part of system performances. You should take into account also the number of simultaneous threads open, internal I/O bus (near saturation or not), swapping memory and disk swap area (correctly set up), load balancing (when using multiprocessor CPUs), and also network bandwith use, TCP cold start parameters, ... (this list is not exhaustive).

There are some good books on system performance tuning, they might give you some ideas to test your system.

BH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: CPU PERFORMNACE TESTING

Hi i got my answer..

Actually i was looking for CPU performanc of the Platform running load runner, the purpose behind that was to eliminate the accessed and extra load of the system and get the exact performance of the load runner analysis for a software application.

Thanks For the Knowleadge
    regards,
    Nick Hill.