1. What automating testing tools are you familiar with?
2. How did you use automating testing tools in your job?
3. Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool.
4. How do you plan test automation?
5. Can test automation improve test effectiveness?
6. What is data - driven automation?
7. What are the main attributes of test automation?
8. Does automation replace manual testing?
9. How will you choose a tool for test automation?
10. How you will evaluate the tool for test automation?
11. What are main benefits of test automation?
12. What could go wrong with test automation?
13. How you will describe testing activities?
14. What testing activities you may want to automate?
15. Describe common problems of test automation.
16. What types of scripting techniques for test automation do you know?
17. What are principles of good testing scripts for automation?
18. What tools are available for support of testing during software development life cycle?
19. Can the activities of test case design be automated?
20. What are the limitations of automating software testing?
21. What skills needed to be a good test automator?
22. How to find that tools work well with your existing system?
23.Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool.
24. What are the main attributes of test automation?
25.What testing activities you may want to automate in a project?
26. How to find that tools work well with your existing system
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">l. What criteria would you use to select Web transactions for load testing?
2. For what purpose are virtual users created?
3. Why it is recommended to add verification checks to your all your scenarios?
4. In what situation would you want to parameterize a text verification check?
5. Why do you need to parameterize fields in your virtual user script?
6. What are the reasons why parameterization is necessary when load testing the Web server and the database server?
7. How can data caching have a negative effect on load testing results?
8. What usually indicates that your virtual user script has dynamic data that is dependent on you parameterized fields?
9. What are the benefits of creating multiple actions within any virtual user script?</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
Firstly, are you after this information for a specific reason? Are you needing to perform tools analysis to decide which way to go?
Secondly, do you want some QARun specific answers? This is a specialised forum and if your questions are general to Automated Testing, which they seem to be, you will be better posting to the Automated Testing forum.
Thirdly, some of your questions require answers that have taken very large documents to answer. By asking such generic questions, you are more likely to not get any responses. I personally, can't be bothered (no offence intended) typing for 4 hours when I don't even understand why the questions are asked in the first place.
Alternatively, I know plenty of people, myself included, that would happily spend the time to answer all your questions at an agreed hourly rate.
Sad thing about finding jobs in some parts of the country is being able to answer about 50 % of all the questions mentioned in this post. The person never worked in QA never seen an automation tool yet can land in a job. It is a combination of demand/supply and lack of interest on part of interviewers. Perhaps that is the reason testers are treated the way they are. Folks are recruited from sales and customer support and 'promoted' to 'IT' (testing) in my company and they need instructions on how to create shortcuts on desktop, how to delete cookies etc. The reason for this approach: management has decided that monkeys in the market can get thru interviews but cannot perform in the job yet they are expensive. Sad, Sad !!
PS: Got to admit, excellent collection of questions !!