1. check out the post 'Readme before posting' [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] in WinRunner forum
2. everyone has his/her favorite tool. you would have to evaluate the product which suits your environment in terms of cost, technology and human resources. look at all the tools which have individual forums. Almost all of them perform what you are asking for pretty effectively.
QTP is having
1. Active Window Viewer
2. Support for XML checkpoints
3. Uses VB/Java Script as language
4. If we record in one browser then we cannot execute on different browlser.
5. The Data Driven testing data used will be visitble at the results window. It shows only the data it could successfully use for the stsing.
6. Tree View/Expert View
7. Checkpoint cannot be manipulated at the script level
WinRunner is having
1. The Checkpoint can be manupulated at the script level, which is not with QTP
2. The script will work both on recorded and other browser too with little changes if required
3. TSL Script language
4. No Active window
5. The compatiability is less compared to QTP
If you want a high quality software system, you must ensure each of its parts is of high quality. by Watts S. Humphrey