Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to start Automation

Hello

I am working as Test Team Leader in small comapny. My company is developing H323 and 3G-H324M Protocol Stacks. At the moment All testing is Manually performed. Now we are looking at automation Tool. I am very new to automation Tools, Could you please kindly advise me how to start automation process. Management given go ahead to buy the Tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to start Automation

Your should know first what is Automation
    what you want to Automat?
    It depends upone you Requirments. if you Can Explain it berifly. i will tell you what is the better tool for you to go. tell me what are you testing. are you in web based, telecime, application or any other. please Explian in Detail.
    Uzair

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Uzair Thanks for your reply.

We have protocol stack which is basically a code forms the Protocol Stacks. Then we Compile it which results in Application (Binary). The Binary has Command line interface (CLI) to Test the Underlying Stacks. We run these appliactions on 2 seperate PCs. and make connection using different combinations of commands, OVER TCP/IP, ISDN networks to make sure call is connected. The we disconnect call using CLI then set different parameters through CLI and make call again and so on.

Similarly we have same PROTOCOL stack and test this using the inbuilt GUI (written in C++). We set up all parameters through GUI rather than CLI and use same Test Setup over TCP/IP and ISDN networks.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    For the GUI tools, you can go for SilkTest,Winrunner,Robot,QARun etc...

For the CLI automation, you can go for tcl/tk (expect), perl, python etc..
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!