Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Comparision between WinRunner & XDE Tester ( RobotJ)

Hi,
    I am trying to find out the advantages of using RobotJ (XDE Tester) over WinRunner.

I am currently using WinRunner but I understand that there are some features in RobotJ which are better than WinRunner.

If anyone has used both the tools, can you please share your observations -advantages/disadvantages of using each tool ? Any other pointers where I could find this info ?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Comparision between WinRunner & XDE Tester ( RobotJ)

I have selected both tools as a possible solution for my company's automated test cycle, and I would also like to know the major differences between the two. In addition, any suggestions on which tool is the best for testing web base/browsr based applications.

Thanks,
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Comparision between WinRunner & XDE Tester ( RobotJ)

Different environments require different tools.
    All the major tools vendors (I work for Compuware - QARun) will provide you a free of charge proof of concept to enable you to evaluate your tools (Mercury can get a bit funny sometimes about this but keep pushing).

The difficulty is that it is impossible without trying the tool in the environment to identify the most appropriate. The market leaders are QARun and Winrunner.

Perform a tools evaluation by identifying 1 or 2 typical scripts/processes and getting the tools vendor to automate them. Make sure you go deeper into the app than just logging in as, especially with Java, some of the complexity lies within the internal application controls.

Hope this helps.

Tom