Is there any differences in setting up vusers that will be doing GUI work and
vusers doing non-gui work on an agent PC in LoadRunner? In our setup only the
non-gui vusers are working on the agents PCs right now. The GUI vusers are
Are you aware that you can only run 1 GUI user per Load Generator unless you are running CITRIX?
If you are getting the error "Error-10700 : Vuser failed to initialize extension control_wrun.dll." complete the following steps:
For running GUI vuser, you need to install LoadRunner agent as a process. If the agent was installed as a service, you need to uninstall the service and restart the agent process.
You do not need to uninstall LoadRunner to switch the LoadRunner Agent install. Here are the steps:
1. For the first time, login to the host machine.
2. Launch the command prompt.
3. Go to <LoadRunner>\launch_service\bin
To install LoadRunner agent as a service
1. Type in
2. If the install is successful, you will receive the following messages:
LoadRunner Agent Service installed
LoadRunner Agent Service started.
LoadRunner Agent service will be started automatically as well.
3. Remove the LoadRunner Agent Process shortcut from the Start-> Program Files-> Startup group.
4. Go to the Window's Services and change its properties to start it as "Automatic."
5. Modify the login details for the account you wish.
a. For Windows 2000, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and look for the LoadRunner Agent Service. Right-click and select Properties; change the password from there.
b. For Windows NT, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Services and look for the LoadRunner Agent Service. Right-click and select Properties; change the password from there.
To install LoadRunner agent as a process
1. Uninstall LoadRunner agent service by typing in
2. If the uninstall is sucessful, you will receive the following messages:
Stopping LoadRunner Agent Service.
LoadRunner Agent Service stopped.
LoadRunner Agent Service removed.
3. Add the LoadRunner Agent Process shortcut back into the Startup group.