Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What is the best input for source code analyzer and test case generator??

Hello! Can anyone tell me the best input for a code analyzer and test case generator? The program design language (PDL) or should I select a specific language, such as Java? Which is better? Or any other comments? Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What is the best input for source code analyzer and test case generator??

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cheeleong82:
    Hello! Can anyone tell me the best input for a code analyzer and test case generator? The program design language (PDL) or should I select a specific language, such as Java? Which is better? Or any other comments? Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you be more specific as to the types of tools you are using and how you are using them?
    In my experience, code analyzers and test case generators are two different types of tools.
    A code analyzer for example can identify untested code and reveal defects. It allows you to see the program's structure, logic, and variable usage, etc.
    On the other hand a test case generator is a tool that applies heuristics and algorithmic means to requirements information in order to generate test cases.

Please clarify what specifically you are looking for.