Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Stress Testing for client-server application

Hi all,
    I need to stress test a VB App( 2-Tier Architecture).I have never performed Stress Testing.I gathered some info regarding the same and books suggest some of the following steps
    1)Tests may be designed to generate 10 interrupts per sec. What exactly do interrupts mean?
    2)Input data rates may be increased by magnitude to determine how input functions might respond.( i am using Winrunner for functional testing and used a data driven test as it contained many inputs.How do i increase the input rate incase of automated testing?)
    3)Test cases that require max memory to be designed. Does this mean i need to test the CPU Cycles for each functionality initially and then overload such functional areas?if so how do i do it.I would be greatful for ur inputs.
    This forum is one of the best knowledge sites.Thanks to one and all for keeping it this way.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stress Testing for client-server application

Hello all,
    I did a minimum amount of searching and found great replies for the same question.For those of u who have the same question as mine( stress testing), please follow the following link.Its got some real fundu Stuff.Thanks Jeff. http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/F...ML/000101.html

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stress Testing for client-server application

Hello all,
    I did a minimum amount of searching and found great replies for the same question.For those of u who have the same question as mine( stress testing), please follow the following link.Its got some real fundu Stuff.Thanks Jeff and sorry for posting the same question again.I will keep in mind to search before i post in the future. http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/F...ML/000101.html

------------------