Thread: BOOKS/LINKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

BOOKS/LINKS

Please, reccomend me books/links to articles about Autamated Testing. I need know the general information about it.

Maybe somebody have books in files???

----
    WBR,
    NMI

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: BOOKS/LINKS

Some good books you might check out:

"Software Test Automation: Effective Use of Test Execution Tools" (by Mark Fewster and Dorothy Graham) [Good book that covers a lot of different automated test types and presents a great deal of case studies as to how the test types were used.]

"Automated Software Testing: Introduction, Management, and Performance" (by Elfriede Dustin, Jeff Rashka, John Paul) [Very good and detailed book but assumes the use of a specific methodology, called the ATLM. Not as broad as other books but highly readable and well presented.]

"Automated Testing Handbook" (by Linda G. Hayes) [Short book that covers the basics.]

You might also check out "Quality Web Systems: Performance, Security, and Usability" (by Elfriede Dustin, Jeff Rashka, and Douglas McDiarmid). [This one is not really about automated testing, per se, as it covers a lot of topics. But it does have an excellent section that covers the topic of automation tools.]

One book that is good in general, but deceiving in title is "Automated Web Testing Toolkit: Expert Methods for Testing and Managing Web Applications" (by Diane Stottlemyer). This is not really about automated testing, per se. (I mention this because people routinely tell me they got "burned" upon purchase of this book. Personally, I think the book is pretty good but some QA sites have a "debate war" going on as to its merits.)

As for some links, you might check out:
    http://www.sqa-test.com/articles.html
    http://www.qacity.com/testtype/auto_articles.html

You can also find a lot of general information just by doing a search in Yahoo! (or any search engine) with keywords like "automated testing." Also look for white papers on automated testing as well, all easily searchable via the Web.

[This message has been edited by JeffNyman (edited 09-23-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: BOOKS/LINKS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nmi:
    Please, reccomend me books/links to articles about Autamated Testing. I need know the general information about it.

Maybe somebody have books in files???

----
    WBR,
    NMI

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visit www.qalinks.com (the "Links" tab at the top of the page here) for Books and other Links.

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerj@aol.com)
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!