Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing Hardware Drivers with Automation Software...

Hello ALl,

I am a Test Engineer for a company that makes hardware devices which require that drivers for that device be installed on several OS's. I am wondering if anyone has had experience using an Automated software program to test the installation of the drivers of the device as well as testing application that is use to run or use the device on serveral different OS configurations. I work in the printer business if you are wondering! I want to automate these processes: Installing printer drivers, Testing Printer application and drivers in several OS's, and test that printer works in different applications such as Photoshop and MS Office products. If anyone uses an Automated testing tool, could you talk about how you use it and what success or failures have you encountered while using this or different automated software's. Thank you

Pshep123

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Testing Hardware Drivers with Automation Software...

Our Testify test mangement tool is targeted at automating complex test processes running across multiple OSs. You would use a standard capture/replay tool (Winrunner or alike) to develop tests for the GUI-based products. Testify would handle installing the drivers, running your tests to verify they work, running your GUI tests, and producing a single report of testing across all your OSs. See www.about-testify.com for details.