Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Silk does not appear to reconize tables contained in 32bit client/server application

Don't know if Informix C++ is 100% supported by SilkTest, therefore I'm not sure if Class Mapping is your number one option!? You'll see the same thing if you try working with Delphi tables which cannot be class mapped (oops! what am i talking about? you can class map any object that you wish but, if the class mapping result is not supported or is not working, why bother mapping? You can always leave them as CustomWin objects and still be able to work with them). At first you'll think it's not going to work at all but, once you start playing around with the combination of keyboard interfaces (using the Tab, Arrow keys, Page Up, etc. or whatever alternate ways (via menus, toolbars, shortcut keys) your AUT provides you in addition to just using mouse clicks + Clipboard methods + the DB Tester functions (setting focus to the target row (record) followed by executing SQL "Select" statement(s), you'll discover all kinds of work-arounds to manipulate your data in your Informix tables.

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 03-23-2001).]

Points for Confirmed Friends

Silk does not appear to reconize tables contained in 32bit client/server application

I am testing one of our Products which is a 32 bit application written in Informix C++ and connected to an Informix data base.

Problem:
    One can not retrieve or input numeric data into table fields (multi-row table) of one of the applications windows.

Configuration:
    A 32 Bit storage and retrieval program written in Informix C++ that interfaces with a Informix Data Base. Client machine is a NT4.0 WKS w/ SP6.
    Several Custom Classes had to be mapped to Standard Classes so that in Window Identifies all fields.
    These are:
    AfxWnd32 was mapped to Ignore and solved a number of problems.
    DataTbl32 was mapped to a Table because it was a table.
    dtedit32 was mapped to a Table because it was a table.

When trying to access a table when running a script the cell does not get. In the code below "value" is not entered into the cell.

frame file:
    [-] Table Values
    [ ] tag "Values"
    [+] ScrollBar ScrollBar1
    [ ] tag "#1"
    [-] Table MarketLand
    [ ] tag "#1"

script file:
    [ ] NewValueChangeDetail.Values.MarketLand.ClickCell ({1, 1})//giving the table the focus
    [ ] Sleep (3)
    [ ] int value = 999
    [ ] NewValueChangeDetail.Values.MarketLand.SetCellValu e({1, 1}, value)

with the error:
    [ ] *** Error: Internal error in agent - Function never returned a value
    [ ] Occurred in GetRowCount

or if we try determining the size of the table:

Print (NewValueChangeDetail.Values.GetRowCount())

with the res file error:
    [ ] *** Error: Internal error in agent - Function never returned a value
    [ ] Occurred in GetRowCount

so it appears that the table is not be identified as a table at all; which may be the source of the problem, but how would we identify the table so that it is identified properly?

I also did try using the Action Recorder to capture and playback thinking that may work.

The recorder picks it up as :
    NewValueChangeDetail.Values.Table("#1").TypeKeys ("45345345<Tab>")

Observe that the recorder picked up the tag and not the identifier. Leads me to think that Silk though it is told that it is a table still does not recognize it quite as such.

Points for Confirmed Friends

Re: Silk does not appear to reconize tables contained in 32bit client/server application

Thanks for the suggestions Gilbert! I will put to practice the procedure that you outline and am already succoring off to my reference manual to implement them.

-Mark