Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Silk Test on Windows 2000

We are currently attempting to run scripts created in WinNT 4.0 SP^ on a W2K OS and are experiencing a number of problems.

I don't have full data as to the nature of the failures at this time...just trying to get some input re: others experiencing problems.

Points for Confirmed Friends

Re: Silk Test on Windows 2000

Check in the SilkTest forum on this site. There have been several discussions in the past about specific issues with SilkTest and Windows 2000.

Use the search capability to look for older messages. You'd be surprised at how many times the same issue is discussed.

To briefly answer your question, we are using SilkTest 5.0.3 successfully on Windows 2000. Earlier versions like 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 had more problems. There still seems to be problem with recording actions on Windows 2000 where everything locks up. We are testing a Win32 application written mostly in Visual C++ with some VB components.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Silk Test on Windows 2000

Just to add to this, I currently run my scripts on two machines, one which runs NT4 SP6 and the other with Win2K SP1 and don't have any problems.

If you are testing web, the difference could be with the browser version, Win2K comes with a variant of IE5.01. As long as I'm using the same version of Silk Test on each, then I have no problems using them on each other.

Problems do occur however when you try running a script you made with Windows 9x and then try to run on Windows NT/2000. Always needs a little maintenance.

Regards,

Paul.