Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Your opnion: Test Automation Programing Laguage

If you have to invest in one programing language education that will better support functional test automation development. What would be your call ?

Regards,

Felipe

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by fvieira View Post
    If you have to invest in one programing language education that will better support functional test automation development. What would be your call ?

Regards,

Felipe
    If it's for yourself, I would say JavaScript. It's one of the most versatile languages out there, you can pretty much introduce JavaScript framework to any web organization without much push back from developers, as most web stacks will contain a JavaScript component.

If I was choosing one for a QA department, I would choose Python. JavaScript is hard to learn since just about everything is async, and lots of people struggle with JavaScripts prototypal inheritance where most other programming languages use Classal inheritance.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I would consider AutoIT supporting everything for free, easy to install without admin rights and an excellent community. Only mobile native is not possible

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/t...-chrome-ff-ie/

And I would not forget Excel with VBA and IUIAutomation if its just for an easy keyword driven framework to build
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...o?forum=isvvba

Excel 2013 (and 2010) 32 and 64 bits is quick, easy, frequently installed on many PC's, nice IDE with intellisense

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by fvieira View Post

Regards,

Felipe
    Hi fvieira,

I have been working in a software testing company for more than 07 years and based on my observation below are the languages that you should go ahead with test automation development:-

1. Java
    2. Ruby
    3. Python

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Thanks,
    Vishal Dutt

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    You try an automation tool, which is using your favorite programming/scripting language. All you need to do is, get thorough understanding of automation concepts, which is not only functional UI test automation, DB test automation, API automation etc.

Automation needs more of your ability to come up with logic and tricks for the problem, rather than just language. Also don't depend on only on tool recorder.

Have written a post long back for automation skills. Go through this - Software Testing tips: Skills for Automation
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!