QTP VS QF Test VS Testing Anywhere
I have a desktop based application to test. This tool is build up in java + other languages.
I am not sure which tool to use . This desktop based application will enhance to web application in future
I tried QTP and QF Test and Testing Anywhere. All three of them can record and play and do minimal coding .
Not sure which one to choose
Identify your requirements and evaluate with weighted matrix for all three tool , you may get your answer
explore google , how to evaluate test automation tool also will be beneficial for you
Test automation tools have several core competencies. This is the natural starting point for looking at tool evaluations
(1) The ability to identify an object. This extends to additional attributes of the object in order to uniquely identify list A from list B as an example
(2) The ability to operate an object. This includes methods which are appropriate to the class of object
(3) The ability to validate the state of an object.
(4) Synchronization. The ability to determine when an action is complete and the interface is ready for operation, so as to not overdrive the interface
(5) The ability to set initial and expected state conditions and to report on these matches or mismatches
(6) The ability to be extended via code to handle unexpected or new objects/environments
You might add to these items
(a) Which one can my team actually use effectively.
If you get a mismatch on (a) above then it almost doesn't matter what tool you pick because your odds of success will be pretty much the same: Very very low
As suggested above you need to evaluate your tool and keep this thing as well in mind, are you going with available resource or new hire. This impact you deliverable as well.