Hi, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some advice from experts like yourselves on a problem I am facing. I have one years experience in manual testing using HP Quality Center (formerly Mercury Quality Center) and I have to do a presentation on Automated testing for a new job I am interested in. I passed the first interview stage and this work is for the second interview stage. They know my experience is limited but there is only a few testers in the new job and I think they want to see what I am capable of. So I have a week to research and come up with a presentation about Automation. Ive a lot of work to do because there is so much I dont yet understand.

They want to move from manual testing to automation testing and want to see what I come up with. The task is to show how I would automate test the incident report forms. The automation will be for functionality and regression testing. I have remote access to their system so I have spent the last day or so trying to understand the system and how it works. I am just looking for some advice to point me in the right direction or give me tips on what to research and how to go about my research.

It is a fat client that runs a desktop application, a Service Manager Console which records SLA's, Incident reports, Change Management and it also manages Assets. Im still trying to get my head around it all and how it works. The incident report forms use the usual

Possible Solution:
I was looking into HP Unified Functional Testing because that seems highly recommended because it tests GUI's and says it easily converts manual testing to automation testing and it is a "powerful visual user experience and toolset".

NOTE: Please note I am a novice at all this and I know I am out of my depth a little, but I am working hard on learning everything I can about automation. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.