Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

GUI and audio automated test solution needed

I'm searching for an automated test solution that will support the testing of a GUI user interface that interacts with multiple audio channels; both Tx and Rx audio. I can find multiple 'stand-alone' GUI test applications and solutions but I'm not finding many that support integrated audio and GUI verification. Anybody have any suggestions on integrated audio and GUI automated test solutions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: GUI and audio automated test solution needed

How exactly would you go about automating the verification of Audio? What do you do manually to verify the audio is correct?
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'd be interested in this topic as we have some VOIP related functionality to some of our products.

I'm not sure exactly what level/type of verification you need. As for finding suitable tools for comparing audio generated for voice quality in VOIP application, we haven't seen any suitable commercial tools for this yet. One idea we're looking into is perceptive audio hashing, http://phash.org/, which allows comparison of audio with small amounts of noise introduced. As for gathering the audio data, you'll probably have to use some sort of audio lib to record the audio off your sound card.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm searching for an automated test solution that will support the testing of a GUI user interface that interacts with multiple audio channels; both Tx and Rx audio. I can find multiple 'stand-alone' GUI test applications and solutions but I'm not finding many that support integrated audio and GUI verification. Anybody have any suggestions on integrated audio and GUI automated test solutions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empirix used to sell products for Call Center testing that integrated both audio and GUI verification. You might want to check and see if they still do.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for everyones input and suggestions. A little more background on what I'm trying to accomplish. We have a VoIP product that interfaces to the public telephone system. It has a monitor interface that the user utilizes to select phone circuits and make/receive calls which generate inbound/outbound audio. I'm looking for an automated test solution that on the GUI side will select and dial a phone circuit, place it on hold, turn volume up/down, etc. from the user interface and then on the audio side verify the presense, or lack of presence of inbound/outbound audio (if it could analyze this audio in some fashion all the better). More audio requirements are that it be able to verify that I have audio in the correct location (in my headset, in one of multiple speakers, mixed with other audio, etc.)

Thanks agains for your suggestions and help.