Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem editing values within ACT

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with the ACT tool which I'd be grateful if someone could help me with.

I'm writing an application to allow customers to register on our website (using asp.net). I've used the 'Record' button to similate a user registering on the site and I've then edited the script which is produced and changed the users email address. Setting the script to then only run once, I've tried to run it thinking that a new record would be created with the new email address. Nothing seems to have been added though.

My program uses a class called PersonalDetails and from this I've created an object called pd. I've set all the attributes using statements such as pd.emailAddress = txtEmailAddress;

Is anyone able to shed any light on why this problem may be occuring?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem editing values within ACT

Is there something behind the scenes that tie this process to an unique cookie or other machine-readable identifier? If you're changing the postdata in the request sub, then there might be another flag in the background that also needs to be changed.
    -------------
    I prefer 'maliciously mischevious'.
    Jamie Nichols
    TDAdmin of Evil
    -------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem editing values within ACT

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Jamie. I've figured out what the problem was - my application demands that every email address registered is unique. This was obviously not the case because I was just using my own. To test it properly therefore, I've changed my code so it generates a random number, appends @... to the end of it and uses this as the email address. All appears to be working now.

Thanks again.