SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Problem editing values within ACT

    Hi,

    I'm experiencing problems with the ACT tool which I'd be grateful if someone could help me with.

    I'm writing an application to allow customers to register on our website (using asp.net). I've used the 'Record' button to similate a user registering on the site and I've then edited the script which is produced and changed the users email address. Setting the script to then only run once, I've tried to run it thinking that a new record would be created with the new email address. Nothing seems to have been added though.

    My program uses a class called PersonalDetails and from this I've created an object called pd. I've set all the attributes using statements such as pd.emailAddress = txtEmailAddress;

    Is anyone able to shed any light on why this problem may be occuring?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Problem editing values within ACT

    Is there something behind the scenes that tie this process to an unique cookie or other machine-readable identifier? If you're changing the postdata in the request sub, then there might be another flag in the background that also needs to be changed.
    -------------
    I prefer 'maliciously mischevious'.
    Jamie Nichols
    TDAdmin of Evil
    -------------

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Problem editing values within ACT

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply Jamie. I've figured out what the problem was - my application demands that every email address registered is unique. This was obviously not the case because I was just using my own. To test it properly therefore, I've changed my code so it generates a random number, appends @... to the end of it and uses this as the email address. All appears to be working now.

    Thanks again.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.36 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 11.54%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.8 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominate (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.