It would be nice if you could tell the parameters involved in doing code walkthrough of a ERP package developed in .NET. The major parameters I think are page display, form objects, coding and performance. Please correct me if I am wrong and add on the other parameters you know are important for code walkthrough.
here my suggestion for code walkthrough
and ordered based on the priority and severity wise
1. check all the functions should have error handler.
2. check all the functions should have function header.
3. check tall the codings are properly indended and loops should be properly closed.
4. all the declarations are must be followed some of standard i.e., naming standard, the standard that should keeps "camel case" or "pascal case" variable notations...that should help new persons to handle that..
5. all the loops, calculations and declaration part must be well commented.
i think this enough for level one codewalk through check list
if u have any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there any SEPG group in your company?... to attain the QUALITY Objective you should follow the IEEE standards or own driven structure. OR take initiation to maintain the standards..... gud luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
* Experience teaches nothing unless studied with the aid of theory.